Pages

Monday, February 1, 2016

Love your Scraps!

Hi friends,

I am on Paru's Card making Challenge Blog  as a guest designer for  Febuary . Having our own Indian Challenge Blog was my dream but due to my laziness I never started it. When Paru started it last month I was thrilled to participate & feel honoured to be a GD this month. There were many awesome entries and  some fabulous prices too.


This month's challenge  is  Valentine themed card or tag using scrap.I hardly use pattern paper but I love them. I can't let go even smallest of scrap. Another thing I hoard is die cut negatives. I always feel there are so many  possibilities with them which remain unexplored and scrap gets piled up. See what I mean...



I made THIS card a while ago in which I use many stitched panels to create comic book look. I am using that negative and scrap pattern paper to create today's card.  

...and the card!



I adhered different PP scrap form the back of each window with 3d tape for creating shadow box effect. I used reverse confetti stamp set   , some wood veneer arrows and heart and bow die cuts. I feel all the elements in different windows help to enhance the more part of the sentiment. 

For tag, I simply glued strips of different PP scrap on some leftover CS and die cut the tag. Try doing this with different dies. you will get some really unexpected results.



I just added hand cut 'U' , some stacked hearts and dymo label sentiment to finish it .

Close Up...


also added faux stitching detail with golden pen on hearts.

Hope you will be inspired to use the scrap and create something beautiful and take part in this month's challenge.  The challenge will run from 1st to 25th and there are two prizes.

$25 from Jane's Doodles


1000/- INR from Craft Adda




So, take out all that scraps you are hiding everywhere in your craft room and show it some love. Have fun. See you soon!




























5 comments:

  1. Cool idea to use negative of die cuts ,I loved how you have combined them with pps and embellishments ! The patterns crated on tags looks nice too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome cards...what a great way of using scraps! I always get a sense of content when I use scraps...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am the same way. Always see so many possibilities in even the tiniest scrap! Love how you used your scraps and negative die cuts on both, the card and the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So clever use of scraps!! I am loving it! :)
    Suchi xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG, these are so cool!! Love, love, love the first window card, you are brilliant! I could never ever thing of anything so creative!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to comment. They make my day little brighter!